Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Donut Race is ON

Oh yeah. You thought I was kidding, right? WRONG. I don't know why I am so drawn to this race-turned-party, but I am. So we're doing it.

Here is what we've accomplished so far:
determined the date, time, and place
emailed potential runners (even got a few people registered and volunteering!)
ran the course route
made the start/finish chute (out of PVC so it doubles as water play for the boys)
made the start/finish banner
designed t-shirt stencils
designed bibs

What's left? Tons! But it's so much fun that I don't mind. I'm learning that not only do I love organizing spaces (I tackled the junk drawer last weekend), but I love organizing events. So many lists and things to cross off. So much fun planning. Just too much fun. It is doubtful that it will it be more fun than the actual event, however, so if you're in the area: please come!

Who doesn't love donuts?! (I know, I know...there are a handful of you. But you know you're in the minority, right?)




P.S. Today's is Rhett's first day of preschool! Details Friday...

1 comment: