Friday, October 12, 2012

Donut Dash 5K: Lessons Learned

In Wednesday's post I noted how there were a couple of oops! moments wherein I made obvious mistakes. I didn't start the timer (uh, erin, this is a RACE!), I failed to check batteries, I forgot a pen for me, etc. I've noted those omissions and will take care of them next year.

In addition to these race-related items, I learned two other things. First, I LOVE planning events. I made lists. I checked things off lists. I made party-related paraphernalia. And then, in return, I got to attend a fun event with people I enjoy. Everything about it was just perfect. And what wasn't perfect, was noted in my documentation so that next year's race will be perfect!

Second, while it may seem like I must be extroverted to plan something like this, that's not quite true. Yes, I like people and yes, I loved carrying this event out, I also loved sitting back and watching it all unfurl. Seeing people have fun and watching them talk and mingle was really fun for me. Seeing other people run together as couples or even families, was also really fun. Being the coordinator was more than enough to make me happy that day.

The End of the Donut Dash 5K Race Reports...until next year!

4 comments:

  1. Ollie is such a cutie in that pic way below.

    And Erin, you realize that you're just setting yourself up to be activities chair of your ward someday, right? You keep talking like that, planning like that, someone is going to get wind of it... and you know I'd sustain you.

    I love planning events too! And I think you do a VERY good job! So excited for next year! I'm THERE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's AWESOME. Love all the pictures, the PVC pipe start/finish with AMPLE flexibility for future projects, the ribbons, and the T-shirts! WELL DONE. What a FUN FUN idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your pictures! Looked so fun and you are so creative with all your stuff! So... if we are still living here next year, and I'm not in the hospital, count us in! And I will be the donut queen! bwaahaha!

    ReplyDelete