Monday, October 22, 2012

Updates at Our House

We've been trying to get some things done around the house in our few free moments. The biggest strides were made in the library and in the shed. (We reorganized three upstairs closets as well. So much more functional!)

After waiting to get the appropriate hardware to support such a map, we were able to hang it. I love it. I love walking by it. I love pointing out neat places to Rhett.


Also, we needed some way to control all of Rhett's art work. He will not "let us" throw anything away. So we put up these wires and told him he could keep only what's on the lines. So far, so good! I've seen "Hoarders," people; I know that the ability to throw away is a pretty important life skill.


And the shed. Oh this shed. Getting in and out of it for the stroller was such a hassle. But now, it's clean! It even has a small aisle.  We tossed lots of stuff we didn't need and even cut some wood to make another shelf. I love it. I know what's in there and, better yet, I can find it. I even found my bike. Not sure if I can ride it, but that's not as important.




Finally, the kitchen chandelier. Last Christmas we hung up Christmas cards and letters as we received them. This was great...as long as it was actually Christmastime. In August, not so much. So in September I finally decided to do something about it and voila! No doubt these will hang up there until this year's Christmas cards start rolling in.


P.S. We had an awesome weekend, notwithstanding Rhett's 5:00 a.m. wake-up calls. Chuck had work off Friday and we had a great mix of getting things done AND getting nothing done. I love those weekends.

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! Great weekend! I love the shed organization... so essential so that the shed isn't scary, right?

    The map. You know I'm a fan.

    I've had one of those wires for Madeleine's room for years... now I'm going to put it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can I tell you how much I love your library?! What a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I love the feeling of having things organized, hung, put in place or whatever! Good for you guys. Love the map and love the art work!! Great ideas!!

    The chandelier is also a great idea! How fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man, i love it all. everything looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of this!! The map!!!! The Art display!!

    ReplyDelete