Monday, October 8, 2012

Donut Dash 5K: The Projects

Note: I intended to do a full write-up on the race but unfortunately some nasty bug in my stomach plus having a family and a household to run has come in between me and posting. Let's hope I can get it together by Wednesday. Thanks for you patience. Rest assured that the race went down and was awesome.

If you're going to do a race, of course you need a start/finish line. Since PVC pipe has been all over the blogtopia lately, it seemed to me a perfect solution to our problem. Plus, it doubles as a sprinkler water toy and triples as an outdoor movie screen frame. I used material from sheets that I got at the thrift store to make the actual banner, which made it totally cheap to make.


These are the medals for the 5K race portion. One each for first female, first male, first youth, first stroller, and the Lucky Donut! (Yes, that's five medals but only four are shown.)


The ribbons for the kids' donut run. All participants got a ribbon because all participants were winners--duh.


The t-shirts. We didn't give them to registrants, but rather I cut the stencils with my Silhouette and told people if they wanted one, to just let me know.


At the last hour, I decided that the top male and female finishers needed winning t-shirts. So I ran to Michael's, whipped up the design, and had those babies ready for our winners.


And the bibs. I laminated them so sweat wouldn't wear them out. And because laminating is just plain fun.

2 comments:

  1. so cool! i can't wait for more. get better!

    the shirts are awesome - as is everything else, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i too love the shirts. can't wait to hear all about the race. what motivation you have!

    ReplyDelete