Friday, October 26, 2012

Pinterest Hits and Misses

Another episode of Pinterest Hits and Misses.

First the misses.
1. This monster door. I was so excited about it, but the tape didn't stick to my door and the humidity killed its bangs anyway. It lasted a day. So disappointed.

2. These popsicles. Ugh. The worst part about it was that they were served when he had people over for dinner. They just tasted like frozen cool whip. On the plus side, they brought Magic Shell into our house.

3. Pumpkin snickerdoodles. Meh. These were okay, but I prefer other pumpkin goods and regular snickerdoodles. Sadly, these, too, were given away. Maybe I should keep my experimentation to when the missionaries are being hosted.

Second, the in-betweens.
1. These pumpkin pie croissants. They were good. I won't admit to how many I ate, but let's just say it was more than I probably should have. However, I'm not sure I'd make them again. But certainly not a waste of materials.

2. While I liked this baked pumpkin French toast, Chuck was not a fan. As a side note, I have since banned the word "texture" being used in my presence, by Chuck, when referring to anything food-related.

And finally the hits.
1. This pancake cake. Yum! It tasted like stacked pancakes but I didn't have to stand over the griddle.

2. Yummy broccoli dip. I like the broccoli soft, but not overly squishy and the dip was awesome. Rhett didn't eat it (even though he ate the broccoli), but I did and so did Chuck.

3. Pumpkin Donut Muffins. YUM. I got two dozen mini muffins and six regular-sized muffins.

4. Rice Krispie pumpkins. (It does bother me that she spells "krispie" incorrectly. I'll get over it.) Although rice krispie treats NEVER make it beyond the bowl in our house, I wanted to try these for a Family Home Evening treat. Since I'm way rusty on my skills of taking the warm, sticky mess to shaped things, I forgot how to wrap them, so I didn't. They got a touch hard, but after a 12-second microwave zap, they were great.

Anyone want to share their own hits or misses with me?

Totally unrelated, but look what came in the mail yesterday!

3 comments:

  1. i made a door - ours is frankenstien-ish. i really like it! luckily the dryness makes our tape work just fine. unluckily, the dryness is chapping everyone's lips and making our throats scratchy!

    bummer about the other misses!

    we did the pan-pancakes again. with a different recipe that we've used for regular pancakes and it totally worked. so that was good to know! i love baking it all at once.

    some hits for us:

    tortellini soup
    http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/best-soups-stews-829589/#Tortellini%20Vegetable%20Soup;21

    rainbow popcorn
    http://www.theblackpeppercorn.com/2012/02/rainbow-candy-popcorn-kids-in-the-kitchen/

    DIY shrinky dinks
    http://www.curbly.com/users/chrisjob/posts/2252-diy-shrinky-dinks

    cool artsy craft
    http://playfullearning.net/in-your-hands-exploring-multimedia-art/

    rocket blaster
    http://www.craftinterrupted.com/2012/08/fun-jar-friday-17-bottle-rocket-shooter.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did the pumpkin snicker doodles too. I thought they were gross! I'll take the regular ones over pumpkin any day! (And I'm a huge fan of pumpkin.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you didn't like the pumpkin snickerdoodles! From the feedback I've gotten, people either seem to love them or hate them without much in between! I have TONS of pumpkin recipes on my site, so I hope you come back and try something else! :)

    - Maggie

    ReplyDelete