Before I left for Oklahoma, Chuck and I discussed our 2013 Resolutions (2013 as in the year, not the count). Here goes.
What kind of American would I be if I didn't set some sort of fitness goals...
1. Earn points in all six championship series races that I run. It means I have to finish in 10th (or better) place in my age group. I ran my first earlier this month and squeaked in at 10th place. Phew. Only five more.
2. Add easy strength workouts to my life. These are things that I see floating around on Pinterest, and are of the sort I can do in my basement while watching TV.
3. Hike monthly with the family. It's important for me to get the boys outside, enjoying nature the way I did. Yes, these will be easy hikes, but that's not the point now, is it?
For the kids...
1. Start an allowance with Rhett. Teach him about savings and spending. Let him use the cool wallet from Auntie Em!
2. Do more Ollie-appropriate activities with Ollie. Too often he gets the shaft because Rhett things are more fun. But he needs it.
3. Re-institute "One-on-One" days with the boys. We did this Saturday and I took Rhett to the Building Museum and Chuck took Ollie to a special baby day at the library. Both boys need the attention.
1. Learn more about our retirement. What do we already have in place? What do we need? Should we make adjustments?
2. Plan for and begin buying food storage. I delude myself into thinking we already have this, when in reality, what we have is a basement pantry. It's no 90 days. But we want 90 days.
3. Practice obedience more. Be better at couples scripture study, prayer, and fasting. Baby steps, people, baby steps.
1. Use the dang serger! I started a class on it through Craftsy and am hopeful that I will get over my fear of that machine.