Monday, January 28, 2013

Erin's New Clothes

I have a few talents. Dressing myself is not one of them. However, I have many friends who have many talents and some of those talents include dressing me. After months of saying I was going to go shopping and years of complaining about my holey and stained clothes, I did it. I enlisted Camie, bought her over with lunch and bracelets, and "let" her dress me. It took nearly five hours and a lot of money, but it definitely was a good start. Let's call it Shopping 101. And yes, those are salmon pants at the bottom of the stack of pants; why do you ask?





What's in the syllabus for Shopping 102? Learning how to put it all together. I look at these lovely clothes and don't know how to put wear them. While shopping, Camie would bring me piece after piece and she'd have to tell me what to put on with what. So I need to go through these, put them together as outfits, and then take pictures and hang those pictures inside my closet door. You think I'm kidding. I'm so not.

Shopping 201: A few more pants. Some spring/summer shirts. Non-clog and non-flip-flop shoes. I'm not sure I'm ready for the graduate-level course Shopping 601: Accessorize Me! (Yes, it does require an exclamation point.)

P.S. And because I'm positive I'm not sending the right vibe about this: YES I am excited. YES I am thrilled to finally spend this money Chuck and I saved for this very purpose. YES I love the new clothes. YES I know how lucky I am to have my own small, What-Not-To-Wear-experience with Camie. YES I don't deserve it as I still am not at that goal weight. NO I do not care.

7 comments:

  1. So. Awesome. I love the spread you have going there! Stripes! Yellow! And salmon pants! Soooo good! I think I need to attend Shopping 601, so let me know when enrollment begins!

    Seriously. Looks so fantastic. (Heaven bless my mother who does this for me on a smaller-scale periodically.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! and so cute! but i want to see the pictures you take of the outfits - with you in them. :) and don't worry, i knew you weren't kidding. seriously jealous - but super happy for you! and how great to have a good friend to help you with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I love it too. When you put the outfits together I want to see you IN the clothes. YAY for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love this!! Way to have a good friend take on What not to wear. Love that show!! The stuff you got looks so cute and fun. Can't wait to see your next posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE YOUR NEW CLOTHES!! Man, I need to

    save money
    have someone take me shopping for a new wardrobe!

    Great job! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, fantastic job on the new clothes. Such a fun thing to do. Can't wait to see more of them in real life!

    ReplyDelete