Usually I'm a quick decision maker. Hemming and hawing is not my thing. Sunday night, however, I got into this quandry: To Run Another Half Marathon or Not To Run.
I'll be in Utah for a couple of days surrounding our anniversary trip. On one of those days, there is a half in Utah County. My sister is considering it and now I am too. Here is my list of pros and cons:
1. I get to run with my sister!
2. I get to run in humidity-free Utah!
3. I get to run in beautiful American Fork Canyon! (Alright, enough of the exclamation points.)
4. It's all downhill (except for a tiny bit), but not leg-killing downhill (unlike this race closer to my childhood home).
5. It's early, so we wouldn't miss out on too much of the day's activities.
6. It's partially sponsored by Creamies, so you know there will be some at the finish.
7. I could eat an unlimited number of Maverick ice cream cones that day.
8. Emily is not at all concerned with getting a certain time, just finishing.
9. I'd get another cool medal.
1. My flight from Victoria gets in the night before at 10 p.m.
2. It's early: a six a.m. race start! The amount of sleep I will have gotten the previous night is not lost on me.
3. It costs $75 (which is not unreasonable for halfs, but still).
4. It's long. Thirteen miles and then some.
5. All long, training runs out here are now filled with humidity.
6. Even though it ends early, let's face it: I'll still be tired that day.
7. I fly back to Maryland the next day.
8. My flight from Victoria gets in the night before at 10 p.m. (Important enough to repeat.)
9. Again: a six a.m. race start!
ACK! You see?! You understand my hard choices?! What to do, what to do...