Friday, June 13, 2014

Summer Time and the Livin's Exhausting

Today is the last day of school and, being the planner I am (and boy am I a planner!), I've been gathering summer ideas for some time. Because of my work and our vacation, I have 25 days with both boys until school starts again.

Make-It Days
Crafternoons
Treats
Popsicles
Lemonade stand
Science

Water Play
Backyard baby pool
Water table
Sprinkler
Community pool
Splashground
Water park
Boating
Creek swimming

Big Field Trips
Smithsonians
Washington Monument
Aviation museum
BounceU
Great Falls
Roosevelt Island
Gravelly Point
Zoo
Berry picking
Beauvoir Park
Cunningham Falls

Little Field Trips
Libraries
Playgrounds
Hikes
Picnics
Nature centers
Wheaton Regional Park train
Michael's craft days
Regal Movies
Fire house tour

Night-time Activities
Rockville Town Square on Tuesdays and Fridays
Strathmore concerts
Bethesda Big Train baseball

Other
Silly holiday
County fair
4th of July in Frederick
Service
Playdates

Now to find the energy and patience to do them...

4 comments:

  1. i know, funny - we both post our summer lists today. :) and, sigh, someday it would be awesome to go out to your house and check off some of our summer to dos. someday! (when dad wins the lottery . . . :)

    sounds like you'll have a fantastic summer - if you can get the energy and patience. :) i so know what you mean. i have lots of ideas, but they usually just stay in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know your planning and list making makes my heart happy! Looks great! I always struggle with the desire to give our kids lots of experiences so they aren't bored (aka fighting all the time) and the desire to keep things simple and force them to get themselves "un-bored."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, your list made me tired just reading it. My kids won't be getting even a quarter of that this summer, unfortunately. But your kids are going to have a blast! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Mind if we join you on some of these? About 1/3 fall on my list as well!

    ReplyDelete