Monday, May 10, 2010

A Mother's Day to Remember

Yep, it was a keeper. We had to get out of the house early to finish the YW fundraiser (selling YW-made corsages to the male persuasion in our ward) but it went off without a hitch. When we got home from church, I let Chuck take Rhett to his parents' house while I lazed around ours. Finally ready to be around others, I joined my boys at the in-laws' home for a man-made dinner later that afternoon. No really, the four men who share my last name in this area (father-in-law, brother-in-law, uncle-in-law, and my own sweet husband) made dinner for the lovely women. It was thoughtful (no red meat and potatoes for most of us) and had all four food groups. Chuck even made this lovely cake his sister posted on the Foodees. During my own quiet time, I got to read the paper, unload the dishwasher, walk the dog, and start a new sewing project (it's a skirt for me--yikes!). After dinner, I got to enjoy my sweet man and some Saturday Night Live. It was a good day to be a mom.


4 comments:

  1. sounds delightful! i'm glad you got some good boys in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, sound nice to me!! way to go men!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a nice mother's day! He did a great job on the cake (much better than I could have done).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cake indeed, I'm so impressed!!! Sounds like a nice day, glad you could enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete