Monday, May 3, 2010

Poll Response

Oh my. I don't even know what to say. I'm as speechless as I was when Chuck and I talked about vasectomies yesterday. Here is my response to each of you, since you all made me laugh (in a good way).

Amanda: Hipps: not bad, but definitely not good. Head, on the other hand, definitely bad. Can you imagine if your mom had hyphenated?! "Hi. I'm Mrs. Hipps-Head." Oh boy. But yes, good job on your current last name. It's a keeper (as is Al).

Sister Emily: I don't know if Amanda is related to western-Coloradan Sellers. Amanda, can we get a verdict here please? And yes, Emily, I still say you won the lottery of last names.

Deanna: I think you took a lateral move from your maiden name to married name. I definitely feel for the unpronouncability of it, though. Do you feel your maiden name was in the same camp? Both of my names certainly are.

Cousin Emily: I think I would have become a Robinson just to stick it to the man. What man? I don't know. But Robinson would be another lottery-winner in my book. I would love to have been in the meeting where they finally decided to keep Pugh. I would shake them and say, "What are you thinking?!" Not really, but I would have wanted to do so.

Merry: Best. Name. Ever. Oh my. I was telling Chuck your story and Rhett overheard and kept repeating "Merry Balls." Then, because he calls his babysitter (who is named Mary) "Aunt Mama", it then turned into "Aunt Mama Balls." Not our finest parenting moment, but a dang funny one.

Jessica: Although your current name isn't bad, I would have grieved at the loss of Walker. But c'mon, you HAVE to get some "Whatcha talkin' about, Jess?" Right?

Sarah: I am interested in your feelings about your acquired famous-only-to-Mormons last name.

Meg: You, too, had me laughing. Especially since I have a couple-friend whose last name is Barfuss! However, the maiden name of the wife rhymes with a very, very bad word (let's call it, oh, I don't know, let's say the "F-er-word") and I'm pretty sure Barfuss was a step up in her mind!

Linda: "No matter what?" Wow. You're brave.

Angie: You didn't quite answer the question, lady. So do tell, would you ever consider keeping your own name if fiance's was bad?

Me: Seriously, I'm just astonished at how alone in this I am. That's all. Happy Monday. And a picture just for kicks.


3 comments:

  1. Here's another good one for you. My Sister-in-law married a guy with the last name of Barfuss(we try not to make fun), and they named their daughter Amaya. Hello! Am I A Barfuss! What were they thinking! We still love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know any Sellers in Colorado. I don't know anyone in Colorado, actually.

    I would have been hysterical over Aunt Mama Balls! Tell me you caught it on video for dear Aunt Mary :)

    I did not mention that my baby brother's name is Bobby James but my mom hated the name Bobby so we called him BJ. It is a good thing he is 6.5 feet tall and 350lbs...not many people had the Aunt Mama Balls to tease him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know- I used to always get called "Walker Texas Ranger" and people would tell us that we needed a "Luke Sky Walker" in our family.

    ReplyDelete