Friday, September 17, 2010

Out of the Mouth of a Beehive

Last week I showed my Beehives a wedding picture of Chuck and me. It was one in black and white. One of my Beehives, Maureen*, asked if black and white was all they had when I was married, or if it was just our choice to have it done. I laughed sooooo hard at this. I mean, really, yes I could be her mother (in fact I think her mother and I are the same age), but I'm not that old, right?!

To the other Beehives' credit, at least one said, "How old do you think she is?! They had color back then." To which Maureen replied, "Well, I don't know my history very well."

Nice to know my wedding (which took place no longer than six years ago) was back in "history." These girls crack me up.

*Names changed to protect the innocent.

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear. Bless her heart. That is too funny! I bet her grandparents have their wedding pictures in color! Brush up on those history books indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha! So funny! Hi Erin! How to I follow your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it just makes me wonder if at that age i too had such a bad sense of time. i tend to think not. as if she herself could not remember life six years ago?! funny story though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing that because that is HILARIOUS!! Wow! I should try that with my YW and see what happens!! :)

    ReplyDelete