Friday, September 10, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Rhett

[Rhett's getting his diaper changed and so his pants are off. He's about to take a nap.]
Me: Rhett, do you want me to leave your pants off so you can be cool during your nap?
Rhett: Rhett no want to be cool, Mom.

Rhett: Rhett having a hard time with Bruno.
Ain't that the truth.

Rhett: [Singing to the sorta tune of, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"] You go when it's bad, you go when it's bad, you go when it's bad.

Rhett: [Singing] I'm bad, I'm bad, I'm bad when it's hot.
What is this obsession with singing about badness?

Me: Okay, sweet pea, time to go.
Rhett: Don't call Rhett sweet pea, Mom.
Me: Okay, what should I call you?
Rhett: Bean.
Me: Uh, why Bean? Who calls you Bean?
Rhett: Auntie Em.
It should be noted that at no time has my sister called Rhett "Bean." Who knows where he got this. And really, at no time has he initiated talk about Auntie Em. Dreaming?

Me: Goodnight, Rhett. I love you.
Rhett: Go away Mom.
Me: That's not a nice thing to say. You should say, "Good night. I love you."
Rhett: Good night. I love you. Go away.

Rhett: Thank you for the fork. Thank you for the olives. Thank you for the cheese. Thank you for the crackers.
He's getting pretty dang good at saying thank you.

Rhett (to Rhett): Thank you right hand for the fork. [As he passed the fork to the left hand.  And no, he doesn't know his right from his left, but he thinks he does.]

One final one
Rhett: Mom, don't get ready to go to the temple.
Me: I'm not going to the temple. Why do you think I'm going to the temple?
Rhett: Because of your shirt and your pants.
Me: Oh, this is what I wear to go to the temple?
Rhett: Yes!
Oh my. As much as I hate to post it, here is what I was wearing. It's the mix of work shirt and pajama bottoms. But whatever it is, it is NOT temple appropriate!



4 comments:

  1. oh thanks for the laugh!

    that rhett (i mean, bean) is the coolest and funniest kid.

    and smart. does he really know right from left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had to comment again b/c i just read it again and it is still just hilarious. i actually do laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kid is hilarious! I love how he refers to himself in the third person. Also I'm sure I saw you at the temple in that exact outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha. I love it. I wish we could wear that to the temple. I mean no disrespect, only that I get so hot in there!!

    ReplyDelete