Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Rhett

Rhett turned 2.5 yesterday; I can hardly believe it. He's such a joy to be around and we really love spending time with him.

He still loves playing with Little People. We've lost Baby Baby but Baby Mama and Baby Daddy still hang out with us. We got him a starter train set from Ikea on Monday and he spent all yesterday afternoon playing with it. He loves being outside and playing frisbee even though his throw needs help.

Some of his favorite things right now are asking, "Mom, what day is it?" He's obsessed with knowing what day it is and knowing what we do on those days. He's also obsessed with making sure I'm happy. "Mom, are you happy?" is a frequent question. Most of the time I can answer "yes" but when he asks as we're running up a steep hill and I'm pushing the 30-pound little man, my answer might not sound quite happy. But I am, little buddy. I am.

Here are some recent things he said that made us laugh.

Rhett: Mom, you're a big girl.
Me: Would you call me a lady?
Rhett: No.
Me: Would you call me a woman?
Rhett: No. Dad's a woman.

Rhett: Rhett want to take Rhett on a walk to the country.
This bucket is his "country."


Rhett: Rhett can't climb a tree because Rhett not a monkey.
Is it wrong to encourage your child to climb a tree at a park/gardens?  Seriously, I'm asking.


Rhett: I like being with you Mom because we're a happy family.

Rhett: Dad, go away.
Me: Rhett, that's not a nice thing to say. Why do you want Dad to go away?
Rhett: Because he's not normal.
Me: What do you think normal means?
Rhett: It means real.

Rhett: Dad a big guy but you not a big guy.
Me: What am I?
Rhett: You a short guy.

P.S. My mom's last day of work is tomorrow. She'll join my father in retirement land. Happy Retirement Mom! Now come visit us. :)

And finally, some videos for your viewing pleasure. Well, at least for Emmy's viewing pleasure.






4 comments:

  1. pure. awesomeness.

    especially the part about chuck being a woman. oh my that rhett is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. his singing is great. his roboticness (made up word) is perfection. and i love the train.

    yeah, yeah, yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all! So fun! And funny :)

    Let him climb unless there are signs telling you not to! How do you like that?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so stinking adorable. I love him asking you if you are happy....so sweet.

    ReplyDelete