Friday, September 24, 2010

You Can't Make Me

Do you ever have one of those weeks where you just don't want to do anything you're supposed to do? You know, like, cooking, or chores, or your calling, or running. It's been a hard week (hard 12 months, really) and I'm just kind of tired of all the stuff I have to do. And honestly, about running, can you blame me? I mean this is what the weather is right now:





There only one word to describe this: NASTY. I don't care it if is only 68 degrees. 100% humidity is just disgusting.  (Click on the picture if you don't believe me.)

So what do I want to do? Make pumpkin bread, banana nut muffins, work on some sewing projects, and eat at Sam's Club for dinner. And when Rhett's in bed, I want to watch last night's Project Runway, sew some more, and then read my book and fall asleep. The end.

6 comments:

  1. I've had at least a month of those days, lately. But with all the responsibilities and people relying on me, I just can't bring myself to let anyone else down. So I just keep pushing through.

    I think we just come to a breaking point where we need a rest. You know, that day of Sunday that we're suppose to rest on would be so nice, but with church calling, being a mom and managing a household they just don't provide the kind of rest I envision.

    I just keep telling myself, it's not my season but my season will come someday and I'll look back and miss all the activity and craziness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so will you get to do what you want to do? it sounds super great. weather can affect our moods so much! you need to move out here, please, please, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUCK!! 100% humidity is a nightmare. I am sorry.

    I hope you get your day of baking, reading, sewing, and runway soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I SOOOO am with you on this one. I've had one of those weeks this week where doing the fun stuff is way more appealing than the necessary stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. im so ready for fall....i have been trying to force it to come...i lit a pumpkin candle, made corn chowder, took out my halloween decorations....it was still 90 degrees out today:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds more productive than my week! Mmm pumpkin bread! I have an awesome recipe too. maybe we should swap!

    ReplyDelete