Monday, February 14, 2011

Crafting FAIL

One of my new favorite things to shop for at the thrift store is bedsheets. There is so much fabric for such a great price. I made my sister some awesome pajama pants using some, taking advantage of the cute finishing that goes at your head, and I used that at the bottom at her pants. (What?! I must not have taken pics. Emily, please share.) Anyway, I have such a great thrift store that I never walk out of there empty-handed.

Last Monday's trip was no different. I bought a ton of books for Rhett (of course) and a beautiful white sheet for me. It had this totally cute eyelet piece on it that I thought would make a beautiful edging along the bottom of the skirt. (Yes, I'm already prepping for a pregnant summer.) But after I brought it home and started working on the skirt, I realized that due to my underwear, the skirt must be full-length or else my bottoms would show through the eyelet. Not what I wanted, but oh well.

Then I realized the skirt was too see-through and it had to be lined, making it much heavier than I wanted a light summer skirt to be. Again, oh well.

And while I wanted it to be a fun, full skirt, I didn't realize just how full it was until I put it on. And when I did, oh boy, the only thing I could think of was, "O Pioneer!" Seriously, right?! It's bad.

BUT for only $2, I learned what not to do! And hopefully another time I'll be able to show you a better version. Until then, make this for dinner because it is soooo good.





6 comments:

  1. Home, home on the range with that skirt! But the idea of it sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so sorry! but i definitely see the potential, too. next time you'll get it!

    do you really want me to send you a picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the idea was good but you're right...definitely pioneer wear. Maybe you can put it on Etsy and sell it for costume wear or just plan to go on a Handcart Trek this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi. well, it might be nice on Sunday afternoons when you are huge and hot and no one is looking :)

    ReplyDelete