Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Don't Know Who Loves This More...

Last week we ordered some light-switch extenders. We simply got tired of hearing, "Mom, Dad, turn on the light please!" because most of the time, this sentence was yelled, not just spoken. We put one in his room and one on a basement light switch and it's changed our lives (kinda). But it has been ridiculously nice. And after the first day when lights went on and off as if they were strobe, let's just say he is slowly learning the appropriate use of them.


Also a new development that I am loving...Rhett is finally playing by himself for much longer than he used to. Just the other day when Chuck and I were working on dinner, he was left to himself and we caught him just sitting amongst his animals. Awesome. We didn't want to interrupt him because then he might require us again, so we just laughed our heads off while quietly observing him (and then snapping a picture, of course). And right now he's bowling with his Little People. Happily. Alone. And so am I.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely cherish the nights when Madeleine lets me fix dinner and plays by herself. It's actually the ONLY way my family gets a dinner cooked by moi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - I have never even heard of the extenders before. Very cool. And yes, independent play is one of my absolute favorite things in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh those extenders look great! i'm betting you'll want one in the bathroom in the next few months or so. . .

    and, yes, independent play is heavenly. heavenly. and it will come in use when you next little guy comes. so keep it up rhett - for your mom's sake! :)

    ReplyDelete