Monday, February 7, 2011

The Lighter Side

After last week's blog meal of steak and potatoes, how about some Jell-O?

Rhett: Mom, what does snot taste like?
Me: Well, I don't know.
Rhett: I do. I just ate it.
Me: And?
Rhett: I like it! Snot tastes really yummy.

Am I the only person who doesn't get "righty-tighty, lefty-loosey?" I mean, it's a circle knob, right? So moving the knob towards the right on top of the knob is just moving to the left on the bottom of knob. I stand by my helpful saying, "clocky-locky" (clockwise is locked, get it? Ooooh, I'm good).

And I KNOW I'm not the only person confused by this next one as I recently learned. But are there others who consistently get confused by the labels at the airport for "Arrivals" and "Departures?" I mean, if I'm dropping off someone at the airport, I'm arriving at the airport, so do I go to Arrivals or Departures? It gets me every time. This friend, who shall remain nameless, says that he has to tell himself every time, "I'm arriving to depart...I'm arriving to depart." That has helped some.

Does anyone else add raisins to Raisin Bran? Chuck thinks I'm crazy.

Any bets on whether or not I'll be able to quit Facebook once I'm released from my YW calling? (This calling was the main reason I joined when I did. It's a much better communicator with my girls than email.)

Do you see a problem with the following: 24/7/365?

Chuck and Rhett are leaving church last Sunday. The drive home almost always includes a stop at a corner where there's a McDonald's.
Rhett: Dad, there's a lot of people at McDonald's.
Chuck: Yes, there are.
Rhett: Can we go to McDonald's?
Chuck: No. It's Sunday.
Rhett: Why are they there?
Chuck: Because that's the decision they made.
Rhett: Why don't we go?
Chuck: We choose not to go because it's Sunday and we want to show our love for Jesus. When you are older, you will be able to make your own choices.
Rhett: When I get older I am going to choose to go to McDonald's on Sunday.

This is a picture of the trash can "smoking." Boy my son is creative! And serious about not smoking.

5 comments:

  1. You never say, "clocky-locky" it has always been, "lefty-locky"

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, boogers and kids. they really do like them! gross.

    clocky-locky is pretty awesome. tho i've never had a problem with the other saying. :)

    we put raisins in our bran flakes - but not raisin bran. i hate raisin bran cuz they put so much sugar on the raisins - it's crazy.

    i'm betting you keep facebook.

    rhett is just hilarious. sunday-shopper and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that kills me. I should post about Major's comments in primary. They were pretty hilarious, it's so great that I get to hear them in person now because I just got called to teach Mitt's class.

    As for Facebook, I'm still being bombarded by people who tell me I really need to join. We shall see with BOTH of us, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 24/7/365. . . because the numbers don't technically add up because there are not exactly 365 days in a year (which is why we compensate with leap year every four years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isaac and I will meet Rhett at McDonald's and we can teach him a Sunday School lesson there!

    ReplyDelete