Monday, June 18, 2012

Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep

Does that sound like the beeping of the emergency alert system? Cause it is. I interrupt the regular M/W/F posting schedule to bring you this incredibly important (to Chuck and me) post. We are so interested in your responses to this that I'm going to offer another PRIZE! Just by commenting, you'll be entered into a raffle for something. Won't say what that "something" is, but it'll be something good--promise. And note, your entry into the raffle is not dependent upon right answers, so please no googling...at least until after you post your first response. Okay, here we go.

1. Can you tell me anything about the Hatfields and McCoys?

2. I quote a recent clip of a conversation between Chuck and me:
blankChuck: Do you want a cookie?
blankErin: That's a clown question, bro.
Do you have any idea what I'm talking about? That is, do you know to what my answer is referring?

BONUS ENTRY: Ask your spouse their response to these two questions and comment with his/her answers. (That's right; you'll double your chances of winning just by making interesting conversation with your spouse. It's a win-win.)

P.S. Sorry Erika, but there was a limit on the amount of time in which you could claim your prize. And that time has expired. No hard feelings!

P.P.S. I promise that there is no judging from over here on whether or not you know these things. Cross my heart.

P.P.P.S. Rules and Regulations: You must be 18 years or older. You must live in the U.S. or Puerto Rico. Kidding! Really, the only one is that you must respond before I wake up on Thursday morning. And remember, I'm in the Eastern time zone and I got a little Ollie, so I get up pretty dang early.

17 comments:

  1. 1. Weren't they feuding families? If not then no idea.
    2. Nope, not a clue.
    Stay tuned for Allen's answers. I'm sure he'll know more than me since there is a lot of random knowledge in that noggin of his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm 0 for 2 on this one. (I only knew what you told me the other night)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff however, nailed both of them. He remembers some Bugs Bunny cartoon about the Hatfields and McCoys.

    He also got the clown reference.

    What can I say, my brain has turned to mush, but at least Jeff's still a smartie pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allen's answers:
    1. Yes, feuding families, from Huckleberry Finn, I believe.
    2. Nope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. well i already emailed you with my first answer.

    2. not a clue at all. bet you would have guessed that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ben's replies:

    1. they had a fued
    2. no i don't

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. All I know is that there is supposedly a good tv series recently about these two feuding families (and Todd really wants us to watch it . . .)
    2. no clue (because we haven't watched it yet . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Feuding family in the Appalachians I believe. Longest running feud in American history and the most famous. A lot of family members died.
    2. That's a quote from the Mormon sports star who plays for a team I don't remember. A reporter asked him if he was going to take advantage of the Canadian drinking laws being 19 (he's under 21) and he responded to the reporter, "That's a clown question, bro."

    I have to say too that Arlin's answers will probably be the same since he saw the mini-series on the History channel and I told him about the quote and made him watch it on Sports Center since it cracked me up. I'm pretty sure the kid was a baseball athlete, but I'm not 100% on that one.

    AND I hope I win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, meant to say they were feuding families! :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. No and no. Not doing so good over here I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. Only referencing what you told me the other night about feuding siblings in the Civil War? Is that right?
    2. No idea.
    Wait for Marc's answers tonight.
    Also... SO glad that there was a Tuesday post! I was dying for some good GoogleReader material this morning! I love that you're embracing spontaneity. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. The last names sound familiar... for some reason I keep thinking old western (wealthy) families.

    2. Senator Reid's answer to a reporter.

    Love reading your blog, always so entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Allan's answers:
    1. I don't know much about the families, except that they didn't like each other.

    2. Don't know
    (I'm surprise he didn't get this one. He's usually up on current events)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Melissa's answer:
    1. I hate that the handicap guy was the one who was hung in the end. bad movie
    2. nope. But obviously I would want a cookie.

    Aaron's answer:
    1. the best Kevin Costner movie since Water World.
    2. I'm no Brice Harper or Harry Reid, but my favorite beer is O'Douls

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have no idea what EITHER of those are! I'll ask Collin when he gets home!! I hope I win!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have no idea because I am just not with it. But I guarantee Jon will know one if not both because he is so with it it's weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon's answers: he says all of his knowledge of the hatfields and McCoys comes from a Warner Brothers cartoon. It's two families somewhere in the appalachians, that were at war with each other. He thinks it has something to do with a property line dispute. Also there's a history channel special on it starring Kevin Cosner and Bill Paxton.

      There was a locker room interview of Washington Nationals rookie, Brice Harper, where some reporter asked him something about the legal drinking age and that was his response. It was on "Around The Horn" and "PTI".

      I knew Jon would know!! Especially if it has ANYTHING to do with sports! Ha, I wanna win :)

      Delete