Friday, June 29, 2012

Latest Projects

Even though I don't have daughters, I have nieces and friends who have baby girls. I was invited to a baby shower for a woman in my ward and I decided that I'm not really going to make newborn stuff anymore. They just grow out of it too quickly. So this one is actually sized for 18 months. But isn't it adorable? I want it in my size. I love the corduroy.


I bet you can guess who is going to wear this shirt! And in just over a month!


When my sister and I are together in Utah, we are going to have some "kid Olympics" and do fun kid sporting events. We don't know what those are right now, but they will get planned. And if not, they'll still have cute shirts. I love that I was able to make stencils from the actual pictograms from the London Olympics and use the font (or a font very close) to the one they're using. Awesome. Emily's kids were sent matching stencils.


Rhett chose his sport: weightlifting. Ha. And he chose the one for Ollie: trampolining. Did you even know this was an Olympic event? I didn't.


A friend of mine recently moved and the move included a long flight followed by an even longer drive. With a couple of other friends, we put together these travel bags for the kids. I don't love how the "red" paint ended up pink on Cole's bag, what oh well. Live and learn.


Inside one of the bags went this travel felt board. I loved it so much I made one for Rhett.


This shows it opened up with the pocket for the little felt shapes.


Finally, just an outdoor blanket. Picnics, parades, park play days...anything starting with the letter "P" apparently.


6 comments:

  1. holy cute to everything. so love it all. that skirt is really adorable. shirts are awesome - can't wait to make my kid's. the bags are super cute - even with the red paint. what didn't you like about it? cool felt board. and love that quilt - how big is it?! awesome, awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh... I want to invite myself to kid Olympics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all! What a cute idea for Lily and Cole!

    If you really need to get a "sewing for a girl fix," I'll gladly volunteer my little lady. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After this post I can't wait to see what Saha gets from Allen winning the draw!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL so good!!! I am in love with the Olympics shirts!! Can I pay you to make on for Freddie??

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVING the Olympic shirts/attire. SUPER cute. Remember WE (emily, nicole and I) expect a call when you are in town!!!! We'd LVOE LOVE to meet up!!! Plan on us!

    ReplyDelete