Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summertime...

...and the livin' is easy. Or not.

I'm about to return to my full-time summer work and feeling pretty sad about it. Sure these boys are hard and being home is exhausting, I'd still choose it anytime over full-time work. However, I must share the good things with my spouse, and so it's time for Chuck to get his share of stay-at-home parenting.

Because I know that boredom can be a killer for stay-at-home parents, I wanted Chuck to be prepared. I made up a "Summer Badges" book for Rhett, and Chuck and Rhett will get to complete it together (and I can help in the afternoons and weekends). Think Boy or Girl Scout badges, each with their own set of requirements, but just for a four-year-old. You can see the badges below (left to right, top to bottom): art, bedroom, play, kitchen, service, school, health and body, and nature. Pretty cute, right?! As Rhett completes each requirement, he'll get to put the "badge" into his book. And when the book is all done, well, good for him!


Don't worry. Even though the boys will be working hard, there will be plenty of time for this:


And maybe a little bit of this:


P.S. In case you're wondering, I made the book from this tutorial. So easy. So satisfying. Seriously. And if you'd like a set of the badges for yourself, just let me know. The Silhouette would be happy to cut them for you. You think I'm lying. I'm not. If you're in Maryland and you come to craft night on Friday, I might even cut them out for you right then and there. Just bring your own cardstock.

5 comments:

  1. Yes yes! Meeeee, meee! I'm coming this Friday! I REALLY am! And I think I have cardstock. Anything else I need to bring?

    I, too, am sad that you're returning to full time work as I won't get to see you as much, I think. Sigh.

    Sounds like the boys have a fun summer planned, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super. Awesome. all of it. well, not the part about you working full-time, but still. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously. Those are SO adorable. I may take you up on your offer.

    yay for summer...although sorry about you working full-time. At least the days are longer so you're not going and coming home in the dark, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wanted a silhouette machine for like a year but I'm not letting myself get one until I pass that last test! Those badges are awesome. If you ever have any bookbinding questions let me know, I've taken classes, made a bunch of books and I have all the supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh that book is so cute and such a good idea. I'm loving chuck's long hair!!

    ReplyDelete