Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Family That Crafts Together...

When I saw this on Tater Tots and Jello, I knew it would be a perfect way to try out my new Silhouette machine. After some disappointing tries and after buying a new blade and after hoping and praying that the new blade would solve the problem, I was able to get awesome cuts. Now I need to start some serious brainstorming on what to cut next!


And while I was working on the specimen art, Chuck helped out by finishing the ghosts. As my project engineer/designer, he realized that in order to keep the ghosts with their heads upright, we needed to sew the fishing line through the heads (not around their necks like I originally thought). So that's just what Chuck did.  And since I used fabric instead of tissues, it worked beautifully. Now to decide where to hang them.


Finally, I whipped out this appliqued tie during Rhett's nap time on Monday. With Halloween on a Sunday, I needed something for him to wear!


P.S. Happy (first) World Statistics Day! To celebrate the day, I leave you with this fun fact: 31 percent of 25-to 39-year old women with a bachelor’s degree or beyond majored in science and engineering. Go science-y women!

6 comments:

  1. Why don't you have a craft class? I would seriously come and pay you actual American money to learn at your feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you want to learn merry? you don't live very far. come over anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the specimens turned out perfectly! i love them so much! super cute.

    that's great that chuck helps out. what a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pumpkins and spiders and bats, oh my!

    I have some orange fabric that reminds me of candy corn that I could use to make a tie for Chase...I think I need to try a tie tutorial.

    You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I wish I could afford to hire you and have you live at my house and make me cute stuff! You are so talented.

    I miss our runs! =( But I'm not there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. when did you get a silhouette?! I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete