Wednesday, October 13, 2010

More Out of the Mouth of Rhett

Rhett: Mom, do something silly, [he says while holding any of his "cameras" (e.g., paper towel roll or even just his hands).]
Me: [Something silly is done.]
Rhett: Click. Cheese!
[Then I am expected to thank him for taking my picture.]

Rhett: Mom, why you don't know how to make a number eight? [Talking about setting up a train track after my previous attempt took much longer than expected.]
Me: I don't know; I'll try.
Rhett: Rhett don't want you to try, Rhett want you do to it.

Rhett: Rhett going to turn you into a goon! [He blows some air my way.] Now you a goon.

[I was upset at the stupid grocery store for not ringing up more than $8 in coupons. This happens at this store all of the time and it just makes me so angry! Rhett could sense the anger as I strapped him in his car seat. But he said the following when we got out of the car:]
Rhett: Mom, you calmed down!

[I'm singing the "Maybe" song from Annie to Rhett as we're driving in the car.]
Rhett: Mom, Rhett want you to be done.

Rhett continues to sing by himself. He's always making up some song or another. Like the other day he was singing a song called "Foot Book." You know, about how many, many feet you meet! Awesome. And sometimes, he even sings it with a cup holder in his face. Not lying.


Rhett: Rhett made a toilet!
[Yes, son, yes you did.]

1 comment: