Monday, October 25, 2010

Made by C and E

Wow. After months of having the sandbox directions in our hands, we finally got to it. Yes, we've had time, but not good enough weather. Not only did we not want to be outside putting this together, but we didn't want to be outside while Rhett played in it. I am so proud of it and I love that we have it! Now watch, Rhett will decide he doesn't want to play in sandboxes. Sigh.

Getting the wood home. So this is why construction people own trucks. Oooooh,  I get it now.








Blood?  Check (see below).  Sweat?  Definitely.  Tears?  Nope!










Even though it may not look like it, I promise that I helped. I swear it.

And yes, could we have painted? Of course. But I have dreams that one day Rhett will want to paint it with his own fun bright colors. At least that's what I'm claiming now.

5 comments:

  1. love it! so. . .does rhett love it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin. I read your blog, but I don't think I've commented. Since I'm just a stalker. But I can't resist this time. That picture of your boys in the backseat with all the wood is hilarious!

    Great job on the sandbox. And you are so talented and creative that I want to cry like every time I visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Team (your last name here)! I wouldn't have thought to add a sunshade, but that takes it to a whole other level!

    Where did you get the sand?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got the sand from home depot. It is way to expensive that way, but oh well. They sell "play sand" in 50lb bags for 3-4 dollars a piece. We put in 750 ppounds and probably need to do another 750 (it is only 4 or so inches deep right now).

    ReplyDelete