Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween (I'm so original, I know)

The obligatory Halloween post will follow after this Public Service Announcement: Rhett picked his own costume this year. We asked him over and over (and over and over), but the boy was faithful to the witch. And really, I think he makes a dang fine one. I made the cape as I thought it was a bit more "wizardy" than a regular witch dress, but maybe not. Like I said, he loved it and we love him, so we didn't care.

The whole weekend was spent doing Halloweeny things: playing funny pumpkin face games (how cute is this idea?! And so adaptable for different holidays), carving pumpkins, hugging trees (??), visiting Google and Gummy, Trick-or-Treating, and watching our ghosts bleed sugar. It was good times.

You have to know that the pumpkin picture in the bottom left is Rhett's FAVORITE face to make. He'll often make that one face and then be done because he just wants that face to be on it perpetually.


My sad, bleeding ghosts.


The skeleton watching over the pumpkins. I love how mine (guess which one it is?) turned out. Thanks to Chuck for his engineering skills.


Getting ready for the festivities of the evening.


Okay. Every once in a while, on our way to the car, Rhett will want to give the tree a hug and a kiss. I promise I didn't teach him this. Or at least, I don't think I did. Probably I did.


I think Gummy loaded his bag with half of the candy he got the entire night.


Leaving Google and Gummy's house.


Ready or not, here Rhett comes!


Certainly Chuck and I will take our cut, but then hopefully we can make this last until the New Year. Honestly. How much junk does a two-year-old need?!


Although we coached him on saying, "Trick or Treat," hysterical things escaped still escaped. Some choice quotes from the little man as he Trick-or-Treated: "Where are the candy?" Or its relative, "You have candy?" Or, "Where are the chocolate?" And almost everyone opening the door for Rhett, "What a beautiful witch! She's so cute!"  (See previously stated Public Service Announcement.)

5 comments:

  1. ha, i love it all! of course he looked like a girl - he's got loooong hair. :) (remember how jonas was called a girl for his first 3 years of life? all due to his longish hair). he's adorable. the tree kissing? weird, yet awesome. and that is a ton of candy! any fun dip???

    did rhett like the game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in the photo of you and Rhett!

    Remember how, when we were younger, you used to ration out your Halloween candy to make it last until Christmas? I can still picture you pulling out a cream-colored canvas bag from its hiding place. Of course, your candy-hungry cousins were always eager for a piece, and you were nice enough to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that he wanted to be a witch- how great is that? He will look back on those one day and laugh! What a silly kid!

    He made in a great haul of candy! I'm excited to take our little 10 month out next year so I can eat all of her candy as well. Bad mother? We shall see!

    Glad you had such a great weekend- love those pumpkin pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kid got quite the loot! That's a lot of candy for a two year old! But he looks like he had a ton of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! I love that he was a witch. Actually last week Molly kept telling everyone she was going to be a witch and I thought, um, we don't have a witch costume, you are going to be sleeping beauty!! In the end it all worked out, but I was preparing for a meltdown!!

    ReplyDelete