Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray for County Fairs

I was inspired by all the crafty entries in my county's fair last summer and vowed I would try it this year. I think I'll enter one my candy corn banners, but help me decide in which of the following three categories it belongs.

Division 3: Crafts
295. Fabric craft
297. Fabric wall hanging
329. Holiday decoration (any occasion other than Christmas) may include candles



And since I'm so excited about this, I have become an unofficial spokesman and promoter of all county fairs. In fact, I think I convinced my friends the Smiths that they, too, should get involved. I even found my sister's county fair book and found something for her (her beautiful quilling, perhaps?) and her husband (a crabapple pie?) and am pretty sure they'll do it. So what will YOU do?

Only 10 more days 'til Utah!

3 comments:

  1. gosh, that's hard. perhaps "holiday decoration"? and i got to think of what, exactly, i should do for the fair. but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE county fairs. When I was a kid we always did 4-H in the summer and everyone in the family entered at least 10 things in the fair. I have a load of ribbons in my scrap book and they also gave out small cash prizes which was always fun. I vote for "holiday decor".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say holiday decor as well. Ummm, ours is kind of a big county fair and I've only been once to be honest! I didn't even see the homemade stuff when we went either. BUt I've also been to the one in Afton, WY and they are pretty fun when it's a bit smaller I'd say.

    ReplyDelete