Monday, January 10, 2011

More Fun Boy Stuff

You know how I'm always complaining that boys just aren't as fun to sew for as girls? Well, I found another fun thing to create for boys: vests! When Rhett wore his first one to church last week, a couple of people asked if I made it. I had to say no, but then I thought, "But I totally could have!" I knew I had to try.

I was so excited that I traced the pattern Sunday night, but then it just sat there all week, staring at me, mocking me because I just couldn't figure out how to sew it. When I still couldn't figure it out on Friday, I knew I had to ask for help. Bad news: even my project designer/product engineer (a.k.a. "Chuck") didn't have the solution. Ack!

Lucky me though, I know to turn to the magic of the internet! Of course someone else would have the solution. And of course, they did. (Thanks, Susan, at "Living with Punks!") Once I saw her solution, the vest itself was easy peasy. And so when people asked if I made the vest Rhett was wearing yesterday, I proudly said "Yes!" And now I think you should make one too. Don't forget the matching tie.



That crown? Rhett got it his first Sunday in Senior Nursery and has worn it at least once a day since. He loves the thing and frequently asks, "Are you a child of God, Mom?" And how to get my child to sit still for pictures and (kind of) look at me while taking the shots? The low, low cost of only two chocolate chips. Oh how I love this boy.

5 comments:

  1. love it! did you make one for chuck yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable......2 chocolate chips, I've GOT to try that one......;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! So glad you found a tutorial! Thank you google!! and no gummy too :) ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm betting by the time he's 5, the price will go up.

    he's too cute. i can't wait to see him so super soon. in his vest, perhaps, too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I made vests for the girls at halloween as a compliment to their clown outfits. If you want some vest options, I loved this cute little vest pattern and tutorial that I found:
    http://leilaandben.com/vest.htm

    ReplyDelete