Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our New Door

Can you believe I didn't take a picture before the door man cometh? I cannot. But alas, that's how it went down. I had to troll through old pictures just to find these. The first three give you an idea of how our dated storm door looked until Monday.

Seeing the following in the Post last November just confirmed our desire to make the change:
A split storm door, with a solid panel (usually white aluminum) at the bottom and a glass window or screen at top, dates a home terribly, according to Debbie Wiener, owner of Designing Solutions, an interior-design firm in Silver Spring. "Everybody wants a full-view storm door - and one that's color-matched to the house," she said.







And because I want the shutters to be black eventually, we went with black on the new storm door. I love it. Now give me weather that allows me to have it open, gosh darnit! And if you ever come to my house, please don't touch the glass. It's a beast to clean.



2 comments:

  1. wowzers! i totally love it; it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the full view of your front door the new storm door allows. looks great!

    ReplyDelete