Friday, January 28, 2011

Utah, We ALL Love Thee

It should come as no surprise that we've had another two great days in the UT. On Wednesday we went to the Salt Lake Children's Museum (which to me is just a glorified indoor play space, but whatever). It's really unbelievable to me how much these places charge, so thank goodness Rachael was willing to share passes with us. Anyway, we had a great time. Rhett loved playing with the water pump. It was hysterical. I also made some super yummy root beer cookies that tasted even better when there was ice cream sandwiched between two of them.

Yesterday, Chuck, my brother, and dad went snowmobiling (or as my brother, the Alaskan, would say "snow-machining") while the girls made a trip to Ikea. Yes, yes, I have an Ikea at home. Yes, yes, it's much closer to my house than the Ikea we visited in Utah was to my parents' house. But it's what my sister wanted to do and I wanted to be with my sister! Plus, I had to keep up my run of daily frozen yogurt.

In case you're keeping track: Monday a frozen yogurt (fy) at The Store in Midway. Tuesday a fy at Golden Spoon. Wednesday a fy at Maverik. Thursday a fy at Ikea. And today? Who knows?! I did see a shop in Heber I just might have to check out. And you think I'm kidding. The best so far? Golden Spoon, hands down.

Also today we're heading to the swimming pool (again, yes, something I can do in Maryland, but this time with people I don't get to see at home) and then seeing more friends and family. It's going to be a good day, if not for the fact that we have to leave the next.

Can I just mention how NOT excited I am to return to 8" of snow and a house that was without power for 12 hours? I'm not. I think I'm going to have to wear my snow boots on the plane so that I'm ready when I step onto my driveway. At least my feet will be will warm on the plane.









1 comment:

  1. I love that you are having a great vacation in January! I need a vacation in January. Go to the dairy keen in Heber. It may not be fy but they have lots of yummy stuff. My kids like the orange sherbet. Enjoy the rest of your stay and say hi to the fam for me.

    ReplyDelete