Monday, April 30, 2012

R.I.P. Danskos

In memoriam of erin's Black and Brown Dansko Clogs. While she may have loved Brown more than Black, both served her faithfully for nearly 15 years. Black and Brown Dansko passed away from rubber deterioration. They will be missed...as soon as erin can actually bear to toss them. Until then, they sit on the porch as erin tears up every time she enters or exits her home.


In all seriousness, can you tell me how many pairs of shoes you use in a regular, non-Sunday week? I'm not lying when I say that I wear wore these almost every single day. But now that I'm in the market to replace them (and the rest of my wardrobe), I'm clueless to know how many (and what types) of shoes I need. Please enlighten this fashion-clueless girl.

P.S. Yes, I realize I could buy new clogs just like these. But I just don't want to. I know if I buy them, I'll end up wearing them every day, and while that's easy, I'm not sure I want it to be part of the "new me."

P.P.S. You'd think shoe shopping should be the enjoyable part of replacing a wardrobe, but when you wear size 4 or 5 shoes, it's NOT.

P.P.P.S. (I'm on a roll.) Victory! We got Rhett to eat some dinner last night that was NOT alfredo pasta! What was this magical dinner? This totally yummy baked potato soup. I think he would have eaten more had I not put in the called-for amount of tobasco.

6 comments:

  1. Did you know that I make that soup at least once a month? I love your soup recipe. Love it!

    As for shoes. If you're going to deviate from Brown and Black... man, I worry that my advice is LOTS OF SHOES. At least that's the life I know... (on the cheap, of course).

    Here's the bare bones of my closet re: shoes:
    Flats (like ballet flats), in two colors (one patterned or 'fancified' and the other regular wear/color). Flip flops, two pairs, one for playground/out the other a little 'dressy' or nice. Running shoes. Other pair of slimmed down athletic comfy shoes, but not bulky. Heels - at least 3 pairs, each at the varying height x 2 color minimum (grey/multicolored to go with brown or black, hot red - or some other poppin' color). Boots x 2 colors (black and brown), flat heel. But if you need/want, then add in your favorite color boot in a high heel.

    The flats and flip flops usually have to be replaced each year. Because I buy cheap. Heels usually last 4+ years (depending on styles).

    Then again, I'm not a fashionista, so take all this with a pellet of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know me - a couple of really great flip-flops. some "nice" flip-flops for those special occasions. ha.

    nice work on the potato soup - go rhett.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flip flops by summer (Havianas are the BEST!). Uggs or similar warm cozy boots by winter. Then a few pairs of church and work out shoes is probably all you need! And maybe a pair of boots or something for the rain... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also know nothing about shoes! My other sisters should be more help to you in this arena- I usually just copy what they do :)

    I will say that I still have a pair of Dr. Martens that I got in the 8th grade. They still fit and I occasionally still wear them :) Glad to know I'm not the only one who has shoes for life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE shoes, but I admit that I'll wear them OCCASIONALLY only for looks, and NOT for comfort, that being said, I have a pair of Puma's that I wear to death, day in day out, except at work and Sundays! ;) I also am a BIG fan of Privo's which I wore all over Europe last year. And finally my new faves.....TOMS, really and truly. LOVE the shoe, LOVE the look, LOVE the style, I just wish they were like $20 instead of $50. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umm and sorry about the eternal RUN ON sentence with commas. I do actually know better....I think! Don't judge, well at least not too harshly. ;)

    ReplyDelete