Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Quick Poll

Let's say that marijuana was legalized as medicine in your state. Let's also say that you came down with some sort of illness and your doctor prescribed medical marijuana for your pain. Would you take it?

Thinking points
1. If you get badly hurt now and are prescribed codeine or some other narcotic, you (probably) take it. You'd (probably) not take it without a prescription because you'd feel like you are taking drugs.

2. Also, medical marijuana can be smoked, yes, but it can also be taken in capsule form or even ingested (brownies?).

P.S. Another government shutdown looms. Aiyiyi. On the bright side: I could go to park play day next Tuesday.

6 comments:

  1. it's hard to say - not being in such a situation. but right now, i would say no. i just think there are other medications that could be effective (tho some totally disagree, of course) as well. the problem i see is that it opens up the illegal aspect of the drug much more - making it more available to be abused. i mean, a corner "majiuana store" is not something i would want close to me.

    but if it is really the only thing that helps certain people/conditions, then perhaps it should be more regulated - like only being administered in a hospital or such like setting. not that that would solve all the issues, but maybe some of them?

    i don't know. what about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. follow the spirit? Nephi killed a man and Ammon sliced off a bunch of arms. If God wanted me to smoke a doobie that might be easy in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmmmm...true i have taken "legal" drugs before with a Rx of course. I think I'd have to be SURE there was no other option, it was completely necessary and then it would FOR SURE have to be a pill version, no smoking for me. INTERESTING.........

    Yay for park day!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definately wouldn't smoke it, but possibly pill form if it was perscribed. I'd really have to question my dr. on the purpose and the risks of becoming addicted. I've taken some heavy pain meds before, and that would be my biggest worry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should clarify, I haven't been addicted to any of these pain meds, but when going off they've messed up my sleeping and digestion which wasn't fun when trying to readjust.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you know us. Marc and I discussed it. We're in! But for me, brownie form. Marc, he could care less the form. To him, medical is medical. No qualms here!

    ReplyDelete