Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Call it Nesting, Call it Whatever; I Just Call it AWESOME

Of course I don't feel like I'm "nesting," but I guess because I'm pregnant and I want to organize stuff, that's what it gets labeled. But whatever it is, it's been awesome. We cleaned out Chuck's closet (any bets on how long before it's a disaster again?). We cleaned out the Goon Room (soon to be the boys' room, you know, once we have boys-plural). But the best one, in my opinion, was the cleaning and organizing of two closets in my basement storage nook.

One of these closets held all of my sewing stuff; the second one contained random stuff. We switched them because it made more sense and I find myself just opening the doors to look inside at the results.

This is the before pic of the sewing closet. Stuff is two-deep which means I can't even see a lot of the fabric I have. Which means I can't use it or I re-buy it. Dumb.


This is the random stuff closet and it's just yucky. I get bad feelings just opening the door.


And here's the after shot of the random stuff closet. All the packaging/wrapping stuff on the bottom two shelves, scrapbooks above them, and Chuck's stuff on the very top. It's just so nice.


And then, of course, the new and improved sewing closet. I love it. I found fabric I don't remember buying and now have projects for it! It's lovely being able to see everything I have (and don't have...).


Only four more closets to go!

3 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your sewing closet! We have no closets in our basement so my fabric lives in tupperware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh! how lovely! nice work.

    ReplyDelete