Monday, June 13, 2011

More Projects

You know it's been miserable weather when the only pictures I have are "inside" pictures. Really, it's been pretty gross. But today is supposed to be another "Hey erin--it's Maryland here. Please give me another chance" day. We'll see.

So we've been indoors, and I've been doing more sewing. These skirts were inspired from my visits to the super awesome quilt shops in Utah. I made these from one pillowcase bought at the thrift store, so the fabric was less than 75 cents. And now that I know what I'm doing, I'd try it again with better fabric, although these are pretty cute.


Chuck's mom recently bought a blow-up pool for her backyard and after our visit on Thursday, I kept thinking that Rhett needed a pool robe (from this tutorial at Sew, Mama, Sew). Sewing the terry cloth was easier than I thought, but DANG does it shed (all those raw edges)! Hopefully that will stop once I wash it. But I'm still pleased, and kinda wanting a serger.


Rhett is a bib kid. We use them all the time, except when we go to restaurants or other peoples' homes and forget to bring one. When at the dentist I thought that the clips they use to hold the "adult bibs" (what are they called?!) would be perfect to hold a napkin around a child. I was inspired by one I saw on Etsy and just created this one. Now let's go out so I can use it!


And finally, Chuck's tie. The hardware proved so hard to find, but I finally did and that made all the difference. Now if Chuck's neck wasn't so thick... It fits, but just barely. I bet you can't wait for next Monday's post wherein their matching outfits are revealed!


What's next? How about some super sweet infant gowns?

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see the skirts "in person." :) soooo excited! the pool robe is pretty sweet. and love the bib idea. but i can't believe rhett still lets you put one on him! lucy has already starting pulling hers off. . . :) lucky you.

    i'm super excited to see the father's day pictures - they are going to look so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! I love the skirts I wish I had your energy to do that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete