Friday, June 24, 2011

Things Rhett Says

Rhett started prepping us on what he's going to say for his prayers. For example, he'll say, "I'll say the prayer but I'll only say 'Dear Heavenly Father. Thank you for the day. Amen.'" So he said that the other night for dinner prayer but when he actually said the prayer, he kept going. "Thank you for our drinks and our milk. But we don't thank you for dad's soda." Pretty awesome, eh?! Especially since Chuck wasn't even drinking soda.

[Rhett's in bed; I thought he was sleeping so I took advantage of the time by sweeping.]
Rhett: [Starts crying out--something he never does, so I go right in.]
Me: What's wrong, bubba?
Rhett: Who is sweeping?
Me: I was sweeping. Is that okay?
Rhett: I thought it was a monster sweeping.
If monsters came to sweep, I'd probably let them stay.

[Said while looking down my shirt]
Rhett: Why don't you have your boobs on, Mom?
Me:
I found out later that by "boobs" he meant bra. How did I find out? I was getting dressed and my bra was sitting on the bed and he repeated the above question. Then he wrapped my "boobs" around his neck.

[Rhett and I were talking about other names for me, his mom.]
Rhett: You can also be "babe."
Me: Really? I've never heard you call me that. Oh Rhett, I like you.
Rhett: I like you too, babe.

[Rhett's sitting on the toilet learning to go pee while talking to me on the phone.]
Me: Hi buddy.
Rhett: Hi Mom. I wish you were here and that you brought the weather page.
Me: Oh honey, I'm sorry I went to work with the paper and didn't leave the weather page for you.
Rhett: Can you bring it home?
Me: Yes, buddy, I will.

Rhett began this weird thing wherein he'll "pause" us whilst doing something. For example, yesterday I was singing the alphabet and when I got to M, Rhett puts up his hand and says, "Pause. Mom, I have to tell you something." When he's done telling me the something, he says, "Unpause" and I'm expected to resume my singing at N. We are living in a TiVo world, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. holy hilarious! he's too funny, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much on par with the hilarity of little Lawson. Seriously... kids can really take the cake on conversation. They are so imaginative and naive. Love it!

    ReplyDelete