Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Great Falls

Maryland did, in fact, come through with weather on Monday: lower temperatures and a lot lower humidity. A couple of friends and our little ones got together and took a trip to Great Falls. I have to say, I love Great Falls. I love being on the C & O Canal; I love hearing the roar of the falls; I love seeing boats in the water. I also love seeing the poor people on the Virginia side, because clearly, the Maryland side is better.

Rhett seemed to enjoy it. He didn't want to spend as much time in the stroller as I insisted, but some of those bridges really, really scare me. And if you think I'm scared, you should see mom-me scared.

One of Rhett's favorite things there was the map of the area. He loves looking at maps these days (tear). I think he looks old in a ball cap.



Here is Rhett with two of his buddies. They all loved climbing on the rocks, maybe more than they loved looking at the water?


Me with my 1.8 sons. (And if you have eagle eyes, not to worry on the missing wedding rings. My fingers are quite chubby these days and the rings really hurt. I'm looking forward to the return to their normal size.)

3 comments:

  1. I love Great Falls and you look fantastic! You know what else I love? Reading your blog while I am eating my lunch. It is a part of my daily routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, a picture of you and your .8 boy. awesome. you do look fantastic. do you feel like you're in the rocky mountains at great falls?! it is so beautiful and i'm glad you have it out there for you to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete