Friday, March 7, 2014

Consider This Your Public Service Announcement

Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep...This is just your friendly reminder that next Friday, March 14, is Pi Day. Better start dusting off those pie cookbooks or perusing pinterest for the perfect pie recipe. And if you find it, let me know because I'm struggling to pick one. If it was up to Chuck, I'd make apple pie and only apple pie. If it was up to Rhett, I'd make Oreo pie. But it's not up to them. It's up to me. I just can't decide.

And remember there's more to Pi Day than just eating pie. Oh yes. I'm definitely running 3.14 miles that morning (but not in three minutes and fourteen seconds, sadly). Then I think I need a special shirt to match my special pi earrings. Hmmmm, why have I not done this yet? And a pi banner? How have I not made one of these? I smell some weekend projects...

P.S. Here is 2012's Pi Day wrap-up. And here was 2011. I have no idea what we did (or didn't do) last year. Wait--found it. Apparently we were quite busy and opted for simple oreo pie. It won't happen again. And don't forget next year's spectacular 3.1415 celebration that will be happening at our house. Save the date now, local friends! Or start saving for a trip to D.C. next year, non-local friends! This will be a non-missable event.

P.P.S. Thanks, wikihow, for clearing up how to shower, how to make people believe I'm British, and how to celebrate Pi Day.

4 comments:

  1. I cannot help but second Chuck's vote for Apple Pie. My ultimate fav.

    Maybe coconut cream pie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a pretty cool pie book - I'll look through it and see if there is anything cool. I'm not a particular pie fan, but Ben sure is. Although I did totally love rhubarb pie.

    I love your ideas for next year. Sounds super awesome.

    Wiki is pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brady only ever wants pecan pie. That's what we had last year. I'm thinking something chocolatey for this year. Or maybe pear pie. That's one of my faves. Dang, I need to start planning...

    And wow, next year sounds awesome! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are the coolest. DANG IT I didn't eat pi!!! But Collin did! (cherry)
    I LOVE the banner!

    ReplyDelete